Sunday 8 August, 2010

Getting info made impossible ; Courtesy-U.P.S.I.C.

Getting info made impossible ; Courtesy-U.P.S.I.C.

All info-seekers know that Getting info from the Public Authorities of
Uttar Pradesh is difficult but as the worst is yet to come , the
U.P.S.I.C. ( Uttar Pradesh State Information Commission ) is devising
novice ways for the public authorities to elude the impart of info
to the info – seekers.

one such illustration is given hereunder –

I wrote a letter to the Chief Minister of U.P. Ms. Mayawati on
24-09-09 on some issues related to the welfare schemes of Scheduled
castes , Scheduled tribes and the Other Backward Classes . On 26-10-09
I sent letter of section 6 to the PIO of CM office. Since no info was
furnished , the matter was sent to the U.P.S.I.C. as per the
provisions of the RTI act. The Case No. S1-575/C/10 was registered
which came for hearing on 29-04-2010 before SCIC sri Ranjit Singh
Pankaj.

The order says that it is not clear as to which department and
public-information the case is related to . The order further directs
me to appear before the commission on 27-07-10 alongwith a copy of my
letter dtd. 24-09-09 failing which it shall be assumed that I have
nothing to say n that the complaint is baseless n shall stand
cancelled.

I have received the abovementioned letter of U.P.S.I.C. by ordinary
post on 07-08-10. Letter no. 090-D-1/Ra.Su.AA./20 though dispatched
on 06-07-2010 has a clear date stamp of 06-08-10 of the postal
department. This shows a criminal conspiracy by the U.P.S.I.C. to stop
me from appearing before the commission n putting my point n get the
info.

There may be many such cases where modus - operandi of the commission
is to pass a conditional order for want of some paper making
appearance of the info-seeker before the commission mandatory ,
failing which the case to be cancelled and then delaying the posting
of dispatched notice and post it after date of hearing so that more n
more cases ( that are tough nuts for the government ) should be
cancelled without any impart of info.

Perhaps this is the way the corrupt n inefficient info-commissioners
of Uttar Pradesh are paying back their dues to the government . But
what our Mahamahim Governor is doing to ensure that there is no
constitutional lapse? Perhaps most of the times he is busy looking at
10 janpath and being too old has no time to care for all this .

N u all say India is marching ahead . ….a big joke . isn't it.


--
Urvashi Sharma

RTI Helpmail( Web Based )
aishwaryaj2010@gmail.com

Mobile Rti Helpline
8081898081 ( 8 A.M. to 10 P.M. )

No comments:

Post a Comment